1. Matches are to be played on date specified.
2. League play begins at the stated time. There will be a ten minute grace period before a forfeit is called. You should arrive at the court 10 minutes early so that play can start on time.
3. Sub rules: a. Arrange for substitutes as soon as possible. b. Notify sub she should replace herself if she is unable to play. c. Call subs from the list provided first, they have paid for this privilege. d. Always notify the Team Captain when you will be absent and the name of your sub and her telephone number.
4. Players that will miss more than 2 times during the season are required to sign up as a sub, not as a regular player.
5. No-shows will be charged according to the club policies. If the fee is not paid, the player will be deleted from the mailing list for the next season. This includes substitutes.
6. Bring brooms if it has rained, even if the rain was the night before.
7. It is up to the league members to determine if rain days are to be made up. If they are to be played, matches are to be rescheduled within one week at players’ convenience and at players’ own expense.
8. Children are not allowed at any matches.
a. The highest type of sportsmanship is expected from each player.
b. You must call all balls as if you were a linesman, except that any doubt must be resolved in favor of your opponent.
c. It is your obligation to help your opponent make a call when your help is requested.
d. It is the server’s responsibility to call the score before each point
e. Call of “out” and “let” must be made instantly. A delay in making the call implies that the ball was not seen clearly and is therefore good.
f. In doubles, if one partner calls the ball “out” and the other partner calls it “good”, then it is the opponent’s point since doubt has been raised.
g. Never try to take advantage of an opponent by serving before they are ready. Your opponent may ask for a “let” if you quick-serve him. However, if she either hits the ball or tries to hit it, she cannot then claim she was not ready.
h. You must volunteer honestly against yourself violations such as double-bounce, ball touching your body or clothing, touching the net, and reaching over the net.
i. In doubles, there should be no conversation during the course of play other than brief instructions to your partner, such as “mine, out run, bounce it, cross-over, etc.”
j. Disagreement of Score: If no agreement can be reached then the question should be settled by the toss of a racquet.
This is a social league. Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated!